This "sport" is a combination of tennis and ping pong, played on a badminton-sized court with a net close to the ground, where players use paddles and a small wiffle ball. Find out more at www.pickleball.com or www.usapa.org.
Open pickleball is played at the Central Park Pickleball Courts, behind Tennis Courts Number 3 and Number 4 at the corner of South 13th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Four (4) pickleball courts are available.
For information about the Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates, an informal group that organizes play at the Central Park pickleball courts and provides equipment, click on the following link: FB Pickleball Pirates.
Winter (October 1st - March 31st) and Summer (April 1st - September 30th) schedule:
- Sunday: 1:00pm - "Intro to Pickleball" for newbies and Beginners
- Sunday: 2:00pm - Social Play (Experienced Beginners, 2.5)
- Sunday: 4:00pm - Intermediate and Advanced (3.0, 3.5, 4.0+)
- Monday: 8:00am - Women's Play (all levels)
- Monday: 3:00pm - Advanced Competitive Play (3.5, 4.0+)
- Tuesday: 8:00am - Advanced Players (3.5, 4.0+)
- Tuesday: 10:00am - Social Play (Experienced Beginners, 2.5, 3.0)
- Wednesday: 3:00pm - Intermediate and Advanced (3.0, 3.5, 4.0+)
- Thursday: 8:00am - Men's Play (all levels)
- Friday: 8:00am - Advanced Players (3.5, 4.0+)
- Friday: 10:00am - Social Play (Experienced Beginners, 2.5, 3.0)
If you would like to be added to the group email list, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org