This "sport" is a combination of tennis and ping pong, played on a badminton-sized court with a net close to the ground, where players use paddles and a small wiffle ball. Find out more at www.pickleball.com or www.usapa.org.
Open pickleball is played at the Central Park Pickleball Courts, behind Tennis Courts Number 3 and Number 4 at the corner of South 13th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Six (6) lighted pickleball courts are available.
For information about the Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates, an informal group that organizes play at the Central Park pickleball courts and provides equipment, click on the following link: FB Pickleball Pirates; or follow Fernandina Beach Pickleball Pirates on Facebook.
Reserved group play schedule (as of 9/23/2019):
- Sunday: 3:00pm - Introduction to Pickleball / Beginner Play
- Sunday: 4:00pm - Social Play with challenge court
- Monday: 8:00am - Women's Open Play (all levels)
- Monday: 4:00pm - Advanced Play with challenge court (3.5+)
- Tuesday: 8:00am - Intermediate / Advanced Play (3.0/3.5+) with challenge court
- Tuesday: 10:00am - Social Play (Experienced Beginners, 2.5 and 3.0)
- Wednesday: 4:00pm - Intermediate / Advanced Play (3.0/3.5+) with challenge court
- Thursday: 8:00am - Men's Open Play (all levels)
- Friday: 8:00am - Intermediate / Advanced Play (3.0/3.5+) with challenge court
- Friday: 10:00am - Social Play (Experienced Beginners, 2.5 and 3.0)
Not sure what playing level you are? Click on the following link for a description of the levels listed above: What level am I? Opens a New Window.
If you would like to be added to the group email list, send a request to email@example.com