Tennis Courts and Rod Gibson Tennis Services
Central Park Tennis Courts
The City of Fernandina Beach provides four (4) hard surface lighted tennis courts (2 fenced areas, adjacent to each other, with 2 courts in each area) for the public at Central Park, on the corner of South 13th Street and Atlantic Avenue. Gates are unlocked.
The tennis courts are first come, first serve, excluding during instruction hours of Rod Gibson Tennis Services on Courts #1 and #2. Please click the "Clinics and Lessons" link to view instruction hours, and read at the bottom of this page for information on tennis instruction through Rod Gibson Tennis Services.
Tennis Courts General Guidelines
- Courts are for tennis use only.
- Chairs are not permitted on the courts.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, and similar devices are prohibited on the courts.
- Pets are not permitted on the courts.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the courts and in Central Park.
- Please wear appropriate court footwear.
- Courts #1 and #2 are reserved for official instructional use, Monday-Sunday, 7:00am - 9:00pm. For information about lessons, please call 904-310-3350. Any other paid instruction on the Tennis Courts is prohibited.
- Lights are operable daily from 6:00am - Sunrise and from Sunset - 10:00pm.
- To operate the lights, please press the white button on the east side of the courts, outside the gate.
- Lights will dim after 1 hour. Press the white button again to fully illuminate the lights.
- For questions and/or to report any issues, please call the Parks & Recreation office at 904-310-3350.
Central Park Tennis Courts #1 and #2
Central Park Tennis Courts #3 and #4
Tennis Instruction with Rod Gibson Tennis Services
By being a great ambassador of tennis, Rod Gibson Tennis Services, the City’s contracted tennis instruction provider, supports the enjoyment of tennis while offering fun, fitness, and socialization, as well as affordable, comprehensive, quality instruction.
- Rod Gibson Tennis Services offers tennis programs for children ages 4 and up of all playing levels, as well as adult clinics and events, at Central Park Tennis Courts.
- Programs include: clinics, lessons, junior tennis events, private coaching, team coaching, and specialized training for tournament players.
- Opportunities can be provided for league play, social tennis events, game matching, ladder play, team clinics, and customized group lessons upon request.
For more information on Rod Gibson Tennis Services, please call 904-891-6927.