The Building Department ensures development proposals comply with building codes and ordinances, regulations and standards set forth by the Florida Building Code and other regulatory agencies. The department reviews building plans and oversees the City permit issuance process, performing prompt and thorough inspections at the various stages of constructions.
- For questions relating to Building Codes, Electric Codes, Mechanical Codes, Plumbing Codes, or ADA Codes call (904) 310-3135 or email Jud Allen, Building Director.
- For information on applying for permits, visit our Permits page. Click here to view the permitting fee schedule for FY 2015-2016.
- To report after-hours unpermitted construction-related activities, please call (904) 310-3135 select the Building Department, and leave a message.
- Online Permit and Application Search
- Addressing Requirements for Residential and Commercial Buildings
- Window and Door Minimum Submittal Specifications for Wind Loading
- After House Call Center for Unpermitted Construction & Related Activities
- Electrical Service Enclosures and Entrances Memorandum
- Florida Building Code Exemptions
- Contact the Building Department
- Department Forms and Documentation
- Request to Withhold Collection of Impact Fees
- Tips for Hiring Contractors
- Analysis of Changes for the 5th Edition Florida Building Code