This exciting 3-day festival, held over a weekend every May and based at the Atlantic Recreation Center, celebrates the bioregion on and around Amelia Island. The festival includes numerous nature tours led by area naturalists and park rangers; nature photography workshops taught by local professionals; a nature-based/green business expo; a Kids’ Niche, with nature-based activities for children; critters from the Jacksonville Zoo; a Silent Auction; and more!
Please visit www.wildamelia.org for more information.
Festival dates for 2023: May 19th - 20th
Wild Nites Nature Lecture Series
Wild Nites Nature Lectures are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the months September - May at 7:00pm at the Peck Center Auditorium, 516 South 10th Street (corner of South 10th Street & Fir Street). All lectures are FREE and open to the public.
Wild Nites Lectures 2022-2023
- October 11th, 2022: "Cumberland Island Update." Speaker: Jessica Edwards, Wild Cumberland, Inc.
- November 8th: "Amelia Island Sea Turtle Update." Speaker: Mary Duffy, Amelia Island Sea Turtle, Inc.
- December 13th: "Racoons Among Us." Speaker: Kristen Littles, Tows and Tails.
- January 10th, 2023: "Amelia Island's Wild Edibles." Speaker: Betsy Harris, Surf Asylum.
- February 14th: "Off-Shore Artificial Reefs." Speaker: Joe Kistel, TISIRI (Think It, Sink It, Reef It).
- March 14th: "Cherokee Tribal Presentation." Speaker: Jane Winkler, Cherokee Tribal Grounds, Inc.
- April 11th: "Earth Kinship." Speaker: Ayolane Hulusky, Earth Kinship.
- May 9th: "Right Whale Update." Speaker: Julie Albert, Marine Resources Council.